Tuesday, April 11, 2006

LEBANESE MOTHER-IN-LAW

Lebanese Mom Mrs Abdallah comes to visit her son Samir for 3 days in London where he is studying. She finds out that her son lives with Vikki, a girl roommate. Mrs Abdallah couldn't help but notice how pretty Samir's roommate was. She suspects of a relationship between the two, and this had only made her more curious. Reading his mom's thoughts, Samir volunteered, "I know what you must be thinking, but I assure you, Vikki and I are just roommates." About a week later, Vikki came to Samir saying,” Ever since your mother left, I've been unable to find the silver sugar bowl. You don't suppose she took it, do you?" "Well, I doubt it, but I'll email her, just to be sure." So he sat down and wrote: Dear Mother, I'm not saying that you "did" take the sugar bowl from my house, I'm not saying that you "did not" take it. But the fact remains that it has been missing ever since you left back to Beirut. Love, Samir Several days later, Samir received an email from his Mother which read: Dear Son, I'm not saying that you "do" sleep with Vikki, and I'm not saying that you "do not" sleep with her. But the fact remains that if she was sleeping in her OWN bed, she would have found the sugar bowl by now. Love, Mom. Lesson of the day... Don't Lie to Your Mother...especially if she is Lebanese.

No comments: